It is the group of diseases that may occur in anybody where there is an abnormal growth of cells. We cannot say all the tumors or lumps that they are cancerous. You cannot be classified as being tumor as cancer because this tumor does not spread to other parts of the cell. There are 100 types of cancer, like:
- Lung cancer
- Blood cancer
- Mouth cancer
- Brain cancer Actually, what is mouth cancer? How does it take place in the human body? What are its symptoms? And what science has discovered about its treatment?
Mouth cancer is a disease in which there is abnormal cell growth on the surface of tongue, mouth, lips, or gums. This is also known as oral cancer.
Cancer or the tumor can also occur in the salivary gland, tonsils, and on the part of your mouth to your windpipe (pharynx). There are several types of oral cancer, but squamous cell carcinomas that occur in the tissue on the mouth and lips.
Symptoms of Mouth Cancer:
- A lump
- A sore that does not heal up
- Feel pain in your tongue
- If you feel pain in your jaws or feel stiffness
- Feel painful or pain in swallowing
- Poorly fitting denture
Causes of Mouth Cancer:
Mouth Cancer occurs when something starts wrong, going with the growth of cells. This wrong or abnormal activity causes the uncontrollable growth of cells. Some factors cause mouth cancer:
- Smoking or habit of using that harmful product which contains tobacco.
- Heavy drinker of alcohol.
- If you have an infection with human papillomavirus (HPV).
Both tobacco and alcohol are carcinogenic, which means they are both harmful chemicals or substances that damage the DNA.
If anyone is a heavy smoker and drinker also then there is a substantial risk of mouth cancer.
Diagnoses Mouth Cancer:
There are some tests done by the doctor to diagnose your disease like:
- Punch biopsy
- Fine needle aspiration
- CT scan
- PET sane
Treatment of Mouth Cancer:
Treatment of your mouth cancer depends on the size of your mouth cancer. If your disease has not been spared beyond your mouth, then the treatment is possible using surgery chemotherapy and radiation. Following are the steps:
- Surgery: is done to remove the damage or cancerous part of the mouth without damaging the other parts.
- Photodynamic therapy: if your cancer is in the early stages, then the doctor removes cancer with laser surgery, which is known as photodynamic therapy.
- Radiotherapy: it is a rational treatment use to kill the cancerous cell of a particular part.
- Chemotherapy: This treatment is done with radiation when there is a risk of returning to cancer.